The RMC-1 is a state-of-the-art surround sound processor - designed from the ground up to serve as the nerve center of a modern home theater or surround sound music system. The bit-perfect video switches in the RMC-1 ensure that you’ll get the best possible image quality from the latest HDR and Dolby Vision 4k UHD discs, and the advanced audio decoding engine, audio processing hardware, and room correction options guarantee you true audiophile sound quality and performance.
SpecificationsAudio Operating Modes (modes determine how the audio signal is processed by the RMC-1):
- Reference Stereo Mode: Purist stereo mode with no bass management; analog signals remain pure analog.
- Direct Mode: Minimal processing with bass management.
- Surround Mode: Full surround sound processing, with bass management and room correction.
- Stereo Mode: Full bass management and room correction for stereo input signals.
- All Stereo Mode
Decoding and ProcessingSurround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Digital Post Processing Support:
- Dolby Surround.
- DTS Neural:X.
Displays and ControlsFront Panel Display:
On-Screen Display (OSD):
- Dual, independently configurable, 64 x 256 resolution, blue OLED displays.
Controls and Remote Control Options:
- Configurable full color OSD displayed over live video, including 4k and 3D sources.
- Front panel control via unique multi-axis encoder, which combines a precision rotary encoder and a sensitive four-quadrant joystick type controller.
- Full sized machined aluminum infrared remote control with discrete buttons for HDMI input selection, trim adjustments, and other major functions.
- Remote control apps - available for Apple and Windows computers and Android phones.
- Integration with universal infrared remote controls and popular infrared and network operated whole-home control systems.
- Four flexible Trigger Outputs can be independently configured to activate amplifiers or other trigger-enabled equipment.
Inputs / OutputsAnalog Audio Inputs:
Analog Audio Outputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (unbalanced; machined gold-plated RCA connectors).
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analog audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analog line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Audio Inputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR - including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (4): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (4): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Digital Audio Outputs:
- (1): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (1): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio.
- (2): USB Type A digital data inputs (for firmware updates and future enhancements).
- (1): Ethernet port (RJ-45) (network connection for Dirac and remote control applications).
- (3): Expansion slots for additional optional custom Input/Output modules
Cutting Edge Operating System and ProcessorsMain System Processor:
- The RMC-1 is controlled by our own proprietary Linux-based operating system, and by several powerful DSP engines, each running custom software code.
- The main control functions on the RMC-1 are handled by a Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor.
- The RMC-1 is a pure video switch; video inputs are switched directly to the appropriate output without any unnecessary processing. Video switching on the RMC-1 is handled by three Panasonic MN864788 High Speed LSI 4k UHD Video Switches.
- All audio decoding and post processing is handled by twin Analog Devices, dual-core, 450 MHz DSP engines.
- Audio digital-to-analog conversion for each of the 16 main audio outputs is performed by an individual AKM4490 Verita DAC operating in fully balanced Mono mode.
Dimensions & Weight
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
- Boxed: 22” Wide x 19” Deep x 10” High
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 7” High (not counting feet)
- Unboxed: 17” Wide x 15.5” Deep x 7.525” High (with feet)
- Unboxed 24 lbs.; Boxed 32 lbs.